A Medical abortion through MTP Kit is the non-surgical procedure of terminating a pregnancy. These abortion pills can end pregnancies that are within 10 weeks [70 days] of gestation. The MTP Kit consists of two necessary abortion pills, namely, Mifepristone and Misoprostol.
How to consume MTP Kit?
The MTP Kit contains Mifepristone, which is anti-progesterone and Misoprostol, which is a prostaglandin analog.
Woman buy MTP kit online and take a combination of a drug to stop her early gestation. In order to use them, you must follow the below procedure.
- Consume 200 mg tablet of Mifepristone simply swallowing with water
- After the first dosage, take 24- 48 hours of mandatory interval
- Put 4 Misoprostol tablets of 200mcg each, 2X2 in every cheek pouches. This is called buccal administration. You need to keep the tablets in your mouth for at least half an hour and then let them dissolve naturally before ingesting its remains.
Following the administration of medication:
Following the procedure, there are several outcomes that are to be expected –
Just as you have finished taking Misoprostol pills, you will start bleeding vaginally after some hours. This is an expected effect and necessary to end and pass the pregnancy. The bleeding may vary as per the person. Some women can bleed for a longer duration of time while other may bleed less. Bleeding can last up to 9 to 13 days’ average, while some may continue to lightly bleed or experience spotting for a month.
You will experience severe to mild cramps for several days following a pregnancy termination. While you pass blood clots and tissues, the cramps may get more intense. As a solution, you can take painkillers for body ache.
The effectiveness of the abortion pill:
The effectiveness rate of the combination of mifepristone and misoprostol is 97-98%, indicating the abortion pill’s safety. In fact, millions of women worldwide buy abortion pills to have self-induced pregnancy terminations at home.
Statistically as well, it is shown that more women die during childbirth than during an abortion. Nevertheless, there are some safety precautions she can take during the abortive procedure –
- The women must be confirmed that she is not ectopically pregnant, which she can do by diagnosing ectopic pregnancy symptoms like a sharp pain on one side of the shoulder and hip or by an ultrasound.
- The woman shouldn’t drink or smoke during the procedure.
- If the woman is breastfeeding, she should stop the activity 5 hours after taking the pills. Any milk produced at this time must be thrown out.
- The woman must not have heart/ liver/ kidney condition, adrenal failure, poorly controlled inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, blood pressure or any blood/ bleeding disorders.
When should one use the second MTP Kit?
There are some circumstances where you may need two MTP Kits than one. This is because –
- If you are more than 8 weeks pregnant, you may possibly need two MTP Kits. This is because, since the pregnancy is developed more in 8 weeks, the recommended dosage may not be adequate to start the abortive procedure.
- Another possibility is that you could vomit after taking Misoprostol. As these pills are to be kept in the mouth to dissolve for 30 minutes, it is possible you may get nauseous. If you regurgitate the tablets [if you see them in the vomit], the dosage has not been absorbed by the body. Therefore, you need to take another dosage of Misoprostol tablets in a similar manner.